How to Buy a Gun, Online.
By Federal law, it is illegal to ship a handgun directly to you by mail or private carrier, which means:
- Any gun you purchase will need to be shipped to a gun dealer (a.k.a. an ‘FFL’, or ‘Federal Firearm Licensee’) near you, willing to accept it on your behalf, and…
- You will have to pick it up from them, in person, with the appropriate ID, after completing some paperwork and paying them a fee that typically ranges between $25-50 to do the transfer.
NOTE: Firearms picked up at Official PinkGun Retailers have No Fee’s attached to pickups!
A SMALL PART OF THE COMPETITORS PROCESS…
- Once you know the EXACT ‘make and model’ of the gun you want to buy (for example,’make: Sig Sauer, model: SP2022′) write that down.
- If you have a favorite local firearms retailer, you may add the note or email us with your order number with details on where you would like your delivery. Visiting the BATF website
- Call the FFLs and tell them, “I would like to have a [INSERT MAKE AND MODEL HERE] shipped and transferred to me for pickup at your store. Do you accept firearms shipments from other FFLs, and if so, what is your total fee for this service? Also, can you confirm it is legal to own a [INSERT MAKE AND MODEL HERE] in my area?”
- Make your selection and ask this dealer to send a copy of their signed FFL to the dealer you bought your gun from, prior to shipment (which is part of their obligations as a ‘receiver’ and service provider.)
Related: Click here for more information on how to SHIP a firearm to a Federally Licensed Firearms Retailer.